This is the second post in a three-part series spotlighting Statistical Insight database features. Results that populate in Statistical Insight may be further filtered during the left-hand corner filter box (shown below).
Here, the topic “Firearms” was selected from the Statistics in the News menu bar, yielding over 1,000 results. Results may be broken down by the following:
- Relevance and Date (most recent or least)
- Date covered or published
- Source, including federal, state, and international agencies
- Countries or Regions, including Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America
- Local area, by city or county
- Data break down by age, sex, ethnic group, or income (among others)
- Subject (which, using Firearms as the example, includes sentences, homicides, accidental deaths, suicides, and infant mortality).
Selecting one filter can also result in additional filter options populating. For example, using the same “Firearms” topic, after narrowing the Country to United States and then Texas, additional subject filters appear (shown below).
Although not exhaustive, the search filter on Statistical Insights is comprehensive.
Access to ProQuest’s Statistical Insight database is available through the Texas Tech Law Library website under the Electronic Databases tab.