Throughout September 2016, the Law Library’s Faculty Services & Scholarly Communications Department received alerts for full-time TTU Law Faculty publications and news. Below is the compilation of daily alerts for September 1, 2016 to September 30, 2016.
- Gerry W. Beyer, Keeping Current—Probate, 30-Oct. Prob. & Prop. 24 (2016).
- Bryan Camp, Collecting Tax Liabilities From Third Parties, 75 Prac. 645 (2016).
- Gerry W. Beyer, MODERN DICTIONARY FOR THE LEGAL PROFESSION (4th ed. 2008) (2016 Cumulative Supplement).
- Arnold Loewy & Charles Moster, It’s Debatable: States Shouldn’t Punish Abortion, Lubbock Avalanche-J. (Sept. 4 2016, 12:06 AM), http://lubbockonline.com/editorials/2016-09-04/its-debatable.
- Arnold Loewy & Charles Moster, It’s Debatable: Term Limits, Lubbock Avalanche-J. (Sept. 18 2016, 12:49 AM), http://lubbockonline.com/editorials/2016-09-18/its-debatable.
- Professor Murphy’s article, Punitive Damages, Explanatory Verdicts, and the Hard Look, was cited in the following: Illinois Civil Jury Instructions Companion Handbook §§ 12:3; 12:4.
- Professor Camp’s articles, The Failure of Adversarial Process in the Administrative State and What Good is the National Taxpayer Advocate?, were cited in the following article: Keith Fogg & Sime Jozipovic, How Can Tax Collection Be Structured to Observe and Preserve Taxpayer Rights: A Discussion of Practices and Possibilities, 69 Tax Law. 513 (2016).
- Professor Loewy’s & Charles Moster’s article, It’s Debatable: On the Fates of State’s Plates, was cited in the following article: Morgan E. Creamer, Walker v. Texas Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans, Inc. and License Plate Speech: A Dangerous Roadblock for the First Amendment, 65 Am. U. L. Rev. 1461 (2016).
- Professor Beyer’s book Estate Planning in the Digital Age was cited in the following treatise: Ga. Guardianship and Conservatorship § 5:15.
- Professor A. Pearl’s article, How to Be an Authentic Indian, was cited in the following article: Andrew Jensen Kerr, Writing the Short Paper, 66 J. Legal Educ. 111 (2016).
- Professor Camp was quoted in the Collecting Tax Liabilities From Third Parties, 152 Tax Notes 1549 (Sept. 12, 2016).
- Professor Batra was quoted about the AALP program in The Daily Toreador on September 19, 2016.
- Professor Sutton was a keynote speaker (on cyber warfare) at the first annual Archive of Modern American Warfare Symposium, September 15, 2016 in the ICC. Information on the Symposium can be found here.
- On September 19, 2016, Horn Professor Brian Shannon began his third two-year term as President of 1A FAR, the association of NCAA faculty athletics representatives representing the 130 universities and 10 conferences from the Football Bowl Subdivision of the NCAA’s Division I. These universities include all institutions from conferences such as the Big 12, Big 10, SEC, ACC, and Pac 12, five additional conferences, and several independents.
- On September 18, 2016, Horn Professor Brian Shannon moderated a panel discussion entitled, “NCAA Division I – The New Governance Structure – Views from the Leadership,” at the 2016 1A FAR Annual Conference in Grapevine, Texas. Panelists included Kevin Lennon, the NCAA Vice President for Division I, and Diane Dickman, the Managing Director of Governance for NCAA Division I.
- On September 19, 2016, Horn Professor Brian Shannon addressed over 100 of the nation’s athletic directors at the 1A Athletic Directors Association annual meeting in Grapevine, Texas, on the topic of the integration of academics as a hallmark of intercollegiate athletics participation.
- Professor Shannon, President of the 1A Faculty Athletics Representatives, along with the rest of the 1A FAR recognized the National Football Foundation for its support of student-athletes and NCAA faculty athletics representatives across the country. The full article can be found here.