As always, the library is offering many services for TTU law students this spring. Please take advantage of any or all of these, and stop by any time you need any research-related help!
- Excellence in Legal Research Program: Our award-winning ELR program is always open for registration. Follow our Facebook page or Twitter page for reminders of upcoming classes so you are not one of those new hires that has your boss bemoaning your lack of research skills. Go here for the full spring ELR schedule.
- Scholarly research help: Last semester, we wanted to make big strides in helping students with their scholarly writing endeavors. If you’re writing a seminar paper this semester or just trying to finish up your student note, contact Alyson Drake to set up an appointment. We met with more than 40 seminar and/or journal students last semester to help with selecting research topics, conducting efficient and authoritative legal research, organizing the structure of papers, and perfecting those Bluebook sessions–and many of those students reported getting A’s on their seminar papers! For additional scholarly research help, stop by one of the Scribes Student Writing Group events (the first one is next Thursday, January 26th on help with topic selection).
- Citation assistance and journal resources help: If you’re checking sources for law review or a specialty journal and are having trouble locating materials cited, please stop by Prof. Drake’s office or stop by the Circulation Desk between 8:00am and 5:00pm and ask for the librarian on call. We can also help you figure out those weird Bluebook citations.
- Research help: Are you participating in one of TTU Law’s clinic this semester? Are you working part time for a law firm? If you get stuck researching an issue, don’t spin your wheels! See the on-call librarian or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Topical research presentations: Are you the president of one of TTU Law’s many student groups? We’re happy to set up a presentation on resources relevant to your group. Last spring, we did topical presentations on health law, business & bankruptcy, and family law resources for TTU student groups. Contact Prof. Drake if you’d like to set up a presentation for your group
Don’t hesitate to contact us if there’s anything you need. The library is here to help!