Previously, the Reporter discussed the Texas Bar CLE and different types of access that law students have to that website.
Part 1 Texas Bar CLE from The Reporter
However, one thing the previous posts did not discuss was the access to Books and Manuals that law students also have….FOR FREE! Below is the step by step way to 1) register for the Texas Bar CLE website if you have not already done so and 2) how to access the Books and Manuals on the Texas Bar CLE website…again for Free!
Register for the Texas Bar CLE website
If you already have an account, then skip this part of the blog and continue on to the bottom where there are instructions on how to access the books!
- First, go to texasbarcle.com and click the “LOG IN” button
- Then, click on the New User Button
- Because a student most likely does not have a bar card, you will probably have to click the place shown below.
- Then, fill out all the required forms below and hit save (you will also have to pick a few security questions after filling this part out). After that, registration is complete and you can access the Bar books!
Obtain Access to Different Manuals and Books
- After registering, or if you already had an account, start on the home screen.
- On the left side of the grey bar, as pictured below, click the “Texas Bar Books” link
- There is a list of Manuals on the front page that you can access.
- This post will discuss how to access the Texas Real Estate Forms Manual as an example.
- After picking a manual, you will need to click the “See Pricing and Purchase Now”
- Don’t worry! It’s free! You just have follow these steps to access it for free!
- On the next screen, click the YES square pictured below.
- After the Yes box is clicked, a list of options is opened below it.
- Click the Enrolled Student button and a pop up screen will appear.
- Click OK after reading the pop up screen
- The pop up screen will go away and below the, “Are you a Judge….” box, there will be a subscribe button with the word, “Free” to the right of it.
- Another screen will say that you have activated the subscription and give you access to the manual.
- The front page of the manual will look like the picture below.
- The CLE website will remember your registration and subscription. Access after this point will be easy and still, FREE!