Throughout the month of September, the Law Library received alerts for full-time TTU Law Faculty publications and news. Below is a compilation of those daily alerts for Sep 1st to Sep 3oth, 2022.
- Prof. Geoffrey S. Corn, The New Defense Department Plan to Curb Civilian Harm: A Bold Blueprint for Change, Lawfare (Sept. 7, 2022). The New Defense Department Plan to Curb Civilian Harm: A Bold Blueprint for Change – Lawfare (lawfareblog.com)
- Gerry W. Beyer, Wills, Trusts, and Estates: Examples & Explanations (8th ed. 2022).
- Prof. Geoff Corn, Civilian Risk Mitigation: Why Context Matters, Articles of War (Sept. 27, 2022). https://lieber.westpoint.edu/civilian-risk-mitigation-why-context-matters/
- Prof. Geoffrey S. Corn, Deterring Illegal Firearms in the Community: Special Needs, Special Problems, and Special Limitations, 43 Cardozo L.R. (2022).
- Prof. Geoffrey S. Corn, “Light Him Up”: Addressing the Dangerous Intersection of Traffic Stops and Consent, 20 Georgetown J. L. & Pub. Pol’y (2022).
- Prof. Richard W. Murphy’s article Punitive Damages, Explanatory Verdicts, and the Hard Look was cited in the following publication: David J. Roe, Ill/ Civ. Jury Instru. Companion Handbook sec. 12:3-4 (2022).
- Prof. Gerry W. Beyer’s article Video Wills: Leaving a Legacy Moves into 21st Century was cited in the following article: Olivia Visconti, 95 St. John’s L. Rev. 951 (2022).
- Prof. Jarod S. Gonzalez’s article A Tale of Two Waivers: Waiver of the Jury Waiver Defense Under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure was cited in the following journal: Michael D. Moberly, Title VII Trials-and Tribulations: Examining the Divergent Roles of Judge and Jury Under the Act’s Enhanced Remedial Scheme, 39 Hofstra Lab. & Emp. L.J. 331 (2022).
- Prof. Catherine M. Christopher’s article Mobile Banking: The Answer for the Unbanked in America? Was cited in the following article: Janine S. Hiller & Lindsay S. Jones, Who’s Keeping Score?: Oversight of Changing Consumer Credit Infrastructure, 59 Am. Bus. L.J. 61 (2022).
- Prof. Gerry W. Beyer’s article What if Your Parrot Outlives You? Preparing for Your Bird’s Future was cited in the following article: Sara Ventiera, Create a Pet Estate Plan for Your Fur Family, AARP (2022).
- Prof. Catherine M. Christopher’s article Will I Pass the Bar Exam? Predicting Student Success Using LSAT Scores and Law School Performance was cited in the following article: Scott Devito, Kelsey Hample, & Erin Lain, Examining the Bar Exam” An Empirical Analysis of Racial Bia in the Uniform Bar Examination, 55 U. Mich. J.L. Reform 597 (2022).
- Prof. Richard W. Murphy’s article Abandon Chevron and Modernize Stare Decisis for the Administrative State was cited in the following article: Emily S. Bremer, Blame (or Thank) The Administrative Procedure Act for Florida East Coast Railway, 97 Chi. Kent L. Rev. 79 (2022).
- Prof. Gerry W. Beyer was quoted in the following publication: Mary F. Radford, Ga. Guardianship & Conservatorship (2022).
- Prof. Sally Henry was quoted in WSJ Pro Bankruptcy’s commentary on Johnson & Johnson’s use of bankruptcy to shift mass talc lawsuits (2022).
- Prof. Kimberly Harris was quoted in the following article: Does a Fetus Count in the Carpool Lane? Texas’ Abortion Law Creates New Questions About Legal Personhood, The Texas Tribune (Sep. 13, 2022) https://www.texastribune.org/2022/09/13/texas-personhood-laws-abortion-law/.
- Prof. Sally Henry was quoted in the following article: Lauren Thomas, The retail industry is facing a potential wave of bankruptcies—here’s why, CNBC News (June 23, 2022). https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/23/why-retail-industry-is-facing-bankruptcy-wave.html?__source=sharebar|email&par=sharebar
- On September 9, 2022, Prof. Gerry W. Beyer was an invited speaker at the 18th Annual Jerry A. Kasner Estate Planning Symposium in Santa Clara, California. His presentation and accompanying article were entitled Estate Planning in a Cyber World: Cryptocurrency, Non-Fungible Tokens, and Electronic Communications. He was also included in a discussion of the estate planning issues raised by the Metaverse.
- The Indiana Prac. Series used Prof. Gerry W. Beyer’s publication to establish its Residential Apartment Lease Form, 5 Ind. Prac., Essential Forms (2022).
- On September 20, 2022, Prof. Gerry W. Beyer was the dinner CLE speaker for the Estate Planning Council of Central Texas in Austin, Texas. His presentation and accompanying article were entitled Morals From the Courthouse: A Study of Recent Texas Cases Impacting the Wills, Probate, and Trust Practice.
- Prof. Eric A Chiappinelli was named a member of the Consultative Group of the RS 3d, Conflict of Laws in the Oct. 2022 update.
- Prof. Bryan T. Camp was named a member of the Consultative Group for RS 3d, Children and the Law in the Oct. 2022 update.
- Prof. Brian Shannon was named as a member of the Consultative Group for RS 3d Consumer Contracts and Wills & Don. Trans. in the Sept. 2022 updates.
- Prof. William R. Casto was named as a member of the Consultative Group for RS 3d Unfair Competition, Conflict of Laws, & Aggregate Litigation in the Oct. 2022 updates.