In June 2018, the Law Library added the following new titles to the collection to support the research and curricular needs of our faculty and students.
- Thomas L. Daniels and John C. Keene, The Law of Agricultural Land Preservation in the United States (2018).
CONSTITUTIONAL LAW, GENERALLY
- Dwight T. Pitcaithley, ed., The U.S. Constitution & Secession: A Documentary Anthology of Slavery and White Supremacy (2018).
CRIMINAL LAW AND PROCEDURE
- Andrea D. Lyon, The Feminine Sixth: Women for the Defense (2018).
- Edmund J. Hansen, Idea-Based Learning: A Course Design Process to Promote Conceptual Understanding (2011).
- The Chronicle of Higher Education Inc., New to College Teaching: Everything New Instructors Need to Know to be Successful (2018).
- The Chronicle of Higher Education Inc., New to Tenure: Everything Those Newly Tenured Need to Know to be Successful (2018).
- The Chronicle of Higher Education Inc., New to the Administration: Everything New Administrators Need to Know to be Successful (2018).
- The Chronicle of Higher Education Inc., New to the Faculty: Everything New Professors Need to Know to be Successful: Starter Kit (2018).
- Jennifer R. Duffy, et. al., The Performance of Repeat Test Takers on the Law School Admission Test: 1994-1995 through 2000-2001 Testing Years (2001).
- Angelo J. Letizia, Using Servant Leadership: How to Reframe the Core Functions of Higher Education (2018).
- Anthony Page and Wilfrid Prest, eds., Blackstone and His Critics (2018).
- Alex Davies, AI in Application: An In-depth Examination from the Legal Profession (2018).
LEGAL RESEARCH AND LIBRARIES
- American Association of Law Libraries, AALL Guide to Fair Business Practices for Legal Publishers (2007).
- Francisco A. Avalos, compiler, Avalos Legal Glossary/Dictionary Translator and Other Related Fields of Study: English/Spanish Spanish/English (2018).
- A. James Cuticchia, Genetics: A Handbook for Lawyers (2018).
- Amy Beth Werbel, Lust on Trial: Censorship and the Rise of American Obscenity in the Age of Anthony Comstock (2018).
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
- William E. Nelson, Marbury v. Madison: The Origins and Legacy of Judicial Review (2018).
All of these books are available in the Law Library. If you would like to check out any of these titles, please contact the circulation desk at either 806-742-3957 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In March 2018, the Law Library added the following new titles to the collection to support the research and curricular needs of our faculty and students.
CRIMINAL LAW AND PROCEDURE
- Radley Balko and Tucker Carrington, The Cadaver King and the Country Dentist: A True Story of Injustice in the American South (2018).
- Stephen Martin Kohn, The New Whistleblower’s Handbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to Doing What’s Right and Protecting Yourself (2017).
ENERGY AND UTILITIES LAW
- Ruven Fleming, Shale Gas, the Environment and Energy Security: A New Framework for Energy Regulation (2017).
HEALTH LAW AND POLICY
- Irwin W. Sherman, The Power of Plagues (2017).
- Lothar Determann, Determann’s Field Guide to Data Privacy Law: International Corporate Compliance (2017).
- Victoria J. Szymczak, Charting the Legal Systems of the Western Pacific Islands: A Legal Research Guide (2017).
- Jim Freedman, A Conviction in Question: The First Trial at the International Criminal Court (2017).
- Roy Stuckey, Best Practices for Legal Education: A Vision and a Road Map (2007).
- Mark Robertson and J. Harris Morgan, How to Draft Bills Clients Rush to Pay (2018).
- Douglas Hand, The Laws of Style: Sartorial Excellence for the Professional Gentleman (2018).
- Neil W. Hamilton, Roadmap: The Law Student’s Guide to Meaningful Employment (2018).
LEGAL RESEARCH AND LIBRARIES
- Frans L. Leeuw with Hans Schmeets, Empirical Legal Research: A Guidance Book for Lawyers, Legislators and Regulators (2016).
- Heidi Frostestad Kuehl and Megan A. O’Brien, International Legal Research in a Global Community (2017).
- Lauren M. Collins, Veterans Benefits: A Legal Research Guide (2017).
- Steven M. Gillon, Separate and Unequal: The Kerner Commission and the Unraveling of American Liberalism (2018).
PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE
- Thomas M. Melsheimer and Judge Craig Smith, On the Jury Trial: Principles and Practices for Effective Advocacy (2017).
- Richard K. Neumann, Transactional Lawyering Skills: Client Interviewing, Counseling, and Negotiation (2013).
PROPERTY–PERSONAL AND REAL
- Aaron Perzanowski and Jason Schultz, The End of Ownership: Personal Property in the Digital Economy (2016).
- David Emerald, The Power of TED: The Empowerment Dynamic (2016).
- Nicolas Howe, Landscapes of the Secular: Law, Religion, and American Sacred Space (2016).
- Nelson Tebbe, Religious Freedom in an Egalitarian Age (2017).
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
- Joel Richard Paul, Without Precedent: John Marshall and His Times (2018).
All of these books are available from the Law Library. If you would like to check out any of these titles, please contact the circulation desk at either 806-742-3957 or email@example.com. Library staff will be able to assist in locating and checking out any of these items.
For the avid library lover who launched a thousand Halloween costumes, let’s pay tribute to David Bowie’s reading list.
David Bowie’s top must-read books
- The Age of American Unreason, Susan Jacoby (2008)
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, Junot Diaz (2007)
- The Coast of Utopia (trilogy), Tom Stoppard (2007)
- Teenage: The Creation of Youth 1875-1945, Jon Savage (2007)
- Fingersmith, Sarah Waters (2002)
- The Trial of Henry Kissinger, Christopher Hitchens (2001)
- Mr Wilson’s Cabinet of Wonder, Lawrence Weschler (1997)
- A People’s Tragedy: The Russian Revolution 1890-1924, Orlando Figes (1997)
- The Insult, Rupert Thomson (1996)
- Wonder Boys, Michael Chabon (1995)
- The Bird Artist, Howard Norman (1994)
- Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir, Anatole Broyard (1993)
- Beyond the Brillo Box: The Visual Arts in Post-Historical Perspective, Arthur C Danto (1992)
- Sexual Personae: Art and Decadence from Nefertiti to Emily Dickinson, Camille Paglia (1990)
- David Bomberg, Richard Cork (1988)
- Sweet Soul Music: Rhythm and Blues and the Southern Dream of
- Freedom, Peter Guralnick (1986)
- The Songlines, Bruce Chatwin (1986)
- Hawksmoor, Peter Ackroyd (1985)
- Nowhere to Run: The Story of Soul Music, Gerri Hirshey (1984)
- Nights at the Circus, Angela Carter (1984)
- Money, Martin Amis (1984)
- White Noise, Don DeLillo (1984)
- Flaubert’s Parrot, Julian Barnes (1984)
- The Life and Times of Little Richard, Charles White (1984)
- A People’s History of the United States, Howard Zinn (1980)
- A Confederacy of Dunces, John Kennedy Toole (1980)
- Interviews with Francis Bacon, David Sylvester (1980)
- Darkness at Noon, Arthur Koestler (1980)
- Earthly Powers, Anthony Burgess (1980)
- Raw, a “graphix magazine” (1980-91)
- Viz, magazine (1979 –)
- The Gnostic Gospels, Elaine Pagels (1979)
- Metropolitan Life, Fran Lebowitz (1978)
- In Between the Sheets, Ian McEwan (1978)
- Writers at Work: The Paris Review Interviews, ed Malcolm Cowley (1977)
- The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind, Julian Jaynes (1976)
- Tales of Beatnik Glory, Ed Saunders (1975)
- Mystery Train, Greil Marcus (1975)
- Selected Poems, Frank O’Hara (1974)
- Before the Deluge: A Portrait of Berlin in the 1920s, Otto Friedrich (1972)
- Bluebeard’s Castle: Some Notes Towards the Re-definition of Culture, George Steiner (1971)
- Octobriana and the Russian Underground, Peter Sadecky (1971)
- The Sound of the City: The Rise of Rock and Roll, Charlie Gillett(1970)
- The Quest for Christa T, Christa Wolf (1968)
- Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom: The Golden Age of Rock, Nik Cohn (1968)
- The Master and Margarita, Mikhail Bulgakov (1967)
- Journey into the Whirlwind, Eugenia Ginzburg (1967)
- Last Exit to Brooklyn, Hubert Selby Jr (1966)
- In Cold Blood, Truman Capote (1965)
- City of Night, John Rechy (1965)
- Herzog, Saul Bellow (1964)
- Puckoon, Spike Milligan (1963)
- The American Way of Death, Jessica Mitford (1963)
- The Sailor Who Fell from Grace With the Sea, Yukio Mishima (1963)
- The Fire Next Time, James Baldwin (1963)
- A Clockwork Orange, Anthony Burgess (1962)
- Inside the Whale and Other Essays, George Orwell (1962)
- The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, Muriel Spark (1961)
- Private Eye, magazine (1961 –)
- On Having No Head: Zen and the Rediscovery of the Obvious, Douglas Harding (1961)
- Silence: Lectures and Writing, John Cage (1961)
- Strange People, Frank Edwards (1961)
- The Divided Self, RD Laing (1960)
- All the Emperor’s Horses, David Kidd (1960)
- Billy Liar, Keith Waterhouse (1959)
- The Leopard, Giuseppe di Lampedusa (1958)
- On the Road, Jack Kerouac (1957)
- The Hidden Persuaders, Vance Packard (1957)
- Room at the Top, John Braine (1957)
- A Grave for a Dolphin, Alberto Denti di Pirajno (1956)
- The Outsider, Colin Wilson (1956)
- Lolita, Vladimir Nabokov (1955)
- Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell (1949)
- The Street, Ann Petry (1946)
- Black Boy, Richard Wright (1945)