Throughout the month of October, the Law Library received alerts for full-time TTU Law Faculty publications and news. Below is a compilation of those daily alerts for Oct 1st to Oct 3oth, 2022.
- Prof. Geoffrey S. Corn, Criminal Law: Concepts, Crimes, and Defenses, Carolina Academic Press (Nov. 2022).
- Prof. Brian Shannon, Executing Scott Panetti would be an appalling injustice, Austin American-Statesman (TX) 2022 WLNR 33824559 (Oct. 22, 2022).
- Prof. Dustin B. Benham, Brighter Sunshine: Proposed Changes to Rule 76A, 100 The Advoc. (Tex.) 39 (2022).
- Prof. Arnold Loewy’s publication Criminal Law in a Nutshell § 5.07 was cited in the following publication: Michael B. Mushlin, The Eighth Amendment: Solitary Confinement, Prevention of Violence, Protection Against Overcrowding, and Provision of Necessities of Life, Rights of Prisoners (5th ed. 2022).
- Prof. Larry R. Spain’s article The Opportunities and Challenges of Providing Equal Access to Justice in Rural Communities was cited in the following article: Eli Wald, The Access and Justice Imperatives of the Rules of Professional Conduct, 35 Geo. J. Legal Ethics 375 (2022).
- Prof. Eric A. Chiappinelli’s article The Moral Basis of State Corporate Law Disclosure was cited in the following secondary source: Mark A. Sargent & Dennis R. Honabach, 2022-2023 Edition, D&O Liab. Hdbk. Highlights (2022).
- Prof. Jarod S. Gonzalez’s article A Tale of Two Waivers: Waiver of the Jury Waiver Defense Under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure was cited in the following publication: Arthur R. Miller, 9 Fed. Prac. & Proc. Civ. § 2321 (4th ed. 2022).
- Prof. Catherine M. Christopher’s article Normalizing Struggle was cited in the following article: Sara L. Ochs, Imposter Syndrome & the Law School Caste System, 42 Pace L. Rev. 373 (2022).
- Prof. William R. Casto’s article The Federal Courts’ Protective Jurisdiction over Torts Committed in Violation of the Law of Nations was cited in the following article: Christopher Ewell, Has the Alien Tort Statute Made a Difference?: A Historical, Empirical, and Normative Assessment, 107 Cornell L. Rev. 1205 (2022).
- Prof. William R. Casto’s article: “Dear Sister Antillico…” The Story of Kirksey v. Kirksey was cited in the following article: Dylan C. Penningroth, Race in Contract Law, 170 U. Pa. L. Rev. 1199 (2022).
- Prof. Bryan T. Camp’s article What Good Is the Taxpayer Advocate? Was cited in the following article: Colleen V. Chien, The Inequalities of Innovation, 72 Emory L.J. 1 (2022).
- Prof. Richard Rosen’s article Julius Chambers: A Life in the Legal Struggle for Civil Rights was cited in the following article: James E. Coleman Jr., Living in the Shadow of American Racism, 85 Law & Contemp. Probs. 155 (2022).
- Prof. Richard Rosen was quoted in the following article: Natalia Alamdari, Six Small Nebraska Towns are Trying to Ban Abortion. Will it Change Anything?, Pioneer Publishing (2022).
- Prof. Gerry W. Beyer was quoted in the following blog article: Juan C. Antunez, What’s it mean to challenge the ‘validity’ of a will and why does it matter?, Florida Probate & Trust Litigation Blog (Oct. 17, 2022).
- Prof. Geoffrey Corn contributed to a story on Voice of America. You can access it here: https://www.golosameriki.com/a/labor-migrants-as-potential-soldiers-russian-ministry-of-defense/6774083.html or https://www.golosameriki.com/a/working-migrants-russian-army/6774750.html .
- Prof. Geoffrey Corn co-authored an expert submission to the Senate Judiciary Committee supporting a new federal war crimes law.
- Prof. Catherine M. Christopher participated in a panel entitled “The Future of Lawyer Accreditation” at Walter F. Mondale Hall on the University of Minnesota campus.
- Prof. Geoff Corn visited Hartwick College to host a lecture on the Ukraine-Russia War. See the article discussing the lecture here: https://www.thedailystar.com/news/hartwick-college-to-host-talk-on-the-ukraine-russia-war/article_732a5e98-5568-11ed .