In March 2023, the Law Library added the following new titles to the collection to support the research and curricular needs of our faculty and students.
1. William D. Araiza, Rebuilding Expertise: Creating Effective and Trustworthy Regulation in an Age of Doubt (2022).
BANKING AND FINANCE
2. Karen S. Lovitch, Samantha P. Kingsbury, and Rachel E. Yount, What is…the anti-kickback statute? (2022).
3. Kimberly A. Houser, Legal Guide to Social Media: Rights and Risks for Businesses and Entrepreneurs (2013).
4. ABA Mergers and Acquisitions Committee, International Mergers and Acquisitions Due Diligence (2022).
5. Brooke Coleman, Suzette Malveaux, Portia Pedro, and Elizabeth Porter, eds., A Guide to Civil Procedure: Integrating Critical Legal Perspectives (2022).
6. April F. Condon and Rodney J. Dillman, The Lease Manual: A Practical Guide to Negotiating Office, Retail, and Industrial Leases (2022).
CONSTITUTIONAL LAW, GENERALLY
7. H. Jefferson Powell, The Practice of American Constitutional Law (2022).
CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW
8. Aaron Perzanowski, The Right to Repair: Reclaiming the Things We Own (2022).
9. Cecil C. Kuhne III, Lemon Law: Cars in the Courtroom (2022).
10. M.H. Hoeflich and Stephen Sheppard, Lucy and the Judge: Wood v. Lucy, Lady Duff-Gordon (2022).
11. Dahlia Lithwick, Lady Justice: Women, the Law, and the Battle to Save America (2022).
CRIMINAL LAW AND PROCEDURE
12. Ralph Engelman and Carey Shenkman, A Century of Repression: The Espionage Act and Freedom of the Press (2022).
13. P.H.P.H.M.C. van Kempen and M.J.M. Krabbe, eds., Mental Health and Criminal Justice: International and Domestic Perspectives on Defendants and Detainees with Mental Illness (2021).
14. Tim Bakken, The Plea of Innocence: Restoring Truth to the American Justice System (2022).
15. Deanna M. Adams, Advancing Equity at the Intersection of Race, Mental Illness, and Criminal Justice Involvement (2023).
16. Alexandra Natapoff, Snitching: Criminal Informants and the Erosion of American Justice (2022).
17. Andrew R. Klein and Jessica L. Klein, Death Before Sentencing: Ending Rampant Suicide, Overdoses, Brutality, and Malpractice in America’s Jails (2022).
18. Michael L. Perlin and Kelly Frailing, eds., Justice Outsourced: The Therapeutic Jurisprudence Implications of Judicial Decision-Making by Nonjudicial Officers (2022).
19. Mustafa Oguz Tuna, Alternative Dispute Resolution in Energy Industries (2022).
20. Forrest S. Mosten, Elizabeth Potter Scully, and Lara Traum, Effectively Representing Clients in Family Mediation (2023).
21. Jim Walsh and Sarah Orman, The Educator’s Guide to Texas School Law (2022).
22. Sherry Boschert, 37 words: Title IX and Fifty Years of Fighting Sex Discrimination (2022).
ELECTIONS AND VOTING
23. Moon Duchin and Olivia Walch, eds., Political Geometry: Rethinking Redistricting in the US with Math, Law, and Everything in Between (2022).
ENERGY AND UTILITIES LAW
24. Catherine Banet, et. al., eds., Resilience in Energy, Infrastructure, and Natural Resources Law: Examining Legal Pathways for Sustainability in Times of Disruption (2022).
ESTATES AND TRUSTS
25. Thomas W. Mitchell and Erica Levine Powers, eds., Heirs’ Property and the Uniform Partition of Heirs Property Act: Challenges, Solutions, and Historic Reform (2022).
26. Ed Yellin and Jean Fagan Yellin, In Contempt: Defending Free Speech, Defeating HUAC (2022).
27. Sonja Grover, The Democratic Rule of Law on Trial: First Amendment Cases of the Trump Era (2022).
28. Len Niehoff and E. Thomas Sullivan, Free Speech: From Core Values to Current Debates (2022).
29. Stuti S. Kokkalera, In Defense of Juveniles Sentenced to Life: Legal Representation and Juvenile Criminal Justice (2022).
LEGAL ANALYSIS AND WRITING
30. Andrzej Malec, Introduction to the Semantics of Law (2022).
31. Jan Cigliano Hartman, compiler & ed., The Lawyer Says: Quotes, Quips, and Words of Wisdom (2021).
32. William Powers Jr., ed. John Deigh, Sharpening the Legal Mind: How to Think Like a Lawyer (2023).
33. Victoria Heyworth-Dunne, ed., Banned Books (2022).
34. Jason Mendelson and Alex Paul, How to be a Lawyer: The Path from Law School to Success (2022).
LEGAL RESEARCH AND LIBRARIES
35. Cindy L. Otis, True or False: A CIA Analyst’s Guide to Spotting Fake News (2020).
36. Joel Fishman, United States Post Office: A Legal Research Guide (2022).
37. Didi Herman and Connal Parsley, eds., Interdisciplinarities: Research Process, Method, and the Body of Law (2022).
38. Mary Ziegler, Reproduction and the Constitution in the United States (2022).
39. Barbara A. Reich, Intimations of Mortality: Medical Decision-Making at the End of Life (2022).
40. Marilyn E. Phelan, Kimberly P. Mayfield and Ryan P. Phelan, Hospital and Physician Law (2022).
41. Dayna Bowen Matthew, Just Health: Treating Structural Racism to Heal America (2022).
PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE
42. Jessica Bednarz, Catherine Sanders Reach and Juda Strawczynski, eds., Design Your Law Practice: Using Design Thinking to Get Next Level Results (2023).
43. Suzana Sawyer, The Small Matter of Suing Chevron (2022).
44. Jona Goldschmidt, Self-Representation: Law, Ethics, and Policy (2022).
45. Nicole Hallett, Becoming a Public Interest Lawyer (2022).
46. William S. Duffey, Jr., The Significant Lawyer: The Pursuit of Purpose and Professionalism (2022).
47. Jennifer G. Rodgers and Evan A. Davis, eds., Ethical Standards in the Public Sector: A Guide for Government Lawyers, Clients, and Public Officials (2022).
PROPERTY–PERSONAL AND REAL
48. Eloisa C. Rodriguez-Dod and Elena Maria Marty-Nelson, eds., Feminist Judgments: Rewritten Property Opinions (2022).
49. Lawrence Uchill, Anatomy of Mortgage Loan Documents: Understanding and Negotiating Key Commercial Real Estate Loan Documents (2022).
50. John Witte, Jr., Joel A. Nichols and Richard W. Garnett, Religion and the American Constitutional Experiment (2022).
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
51. Damian M. Bielicki, ed., Regulating Artificial Intelligence in Industry (2022).
52. Maurice E. Stucke, Breaking Away: How to Regain Control Over Our Data, Privacy, and Autonomy (2022).
53. Amy Gajda, Seek and Hide: The Tangled History of the Right to Privacy (2022).
54. Mark Findlay, et.al., eds., Regulatory Insights on Artificial Intelligence: Research for Policy (2022).
55. Charles Kerrigan, ed., Artificial Intelligence: Law and Regulation (2022).
56. Rosario Girasa and Gino J. Scalabrini, Regulation of Innovative Technologies: Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Quantum Computing (2022).
57. Scott J. Shackelford, Frederick Douzet, and Christopher Ankersen, eds., Cyber Peace: Charting a Path Toward a Sustainable, Stable, and Secure Cyberspace (2022).
58. Daniel J. Solove and Woodrow Hartzog, Breached!: Why Data Security Law Fails and How to Improve It (2022).
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
59. Daniel Kiel, The Transition: Interpreting Justice from Thurgood Marshall to Clarence Thomas (2023).
60. Sarah Lora, Robert G. Nassau, and Sam Rock, Tax Issues for Immigrants: A Practical Guide to Understanding Tax Law for Immigrant Taxpayers (2022).
61. Michael Shahnasarian, The Valuation of Monetary Damages in Injury Cases: A Damages Expert’s Perspective (2022).
62. Leo Heller, The Human Rights to Water and Sanitation (2022).
All of these books are available from the Law Library. If you would like to check out any of these titles, please contact the circulation desk at either 806-742-3957 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Library staff will be able to assist in locating and checking out any of these items.