In March 2020, the Law Library added the following new titles to the collection to support the research and curricular needs of our faculty and students.
CRIMINAL LAW AND PROCEDURE
- Gregg Barak, Paul Leighton, and Allison Cotton, Class, Race, Gender, & Crime: The Social Realities of Justice in America (2018).
- Avery, Joseph and Joel Cooper, eds., Bias in the Law: A Definitive Look at Racial Prejudice in the U.S. Criminal Justice System (2020).
- Armstrong, Dean, Dan Hyde, and Sam Thomas, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency: International Legal and Regulatory Challenges (2019).
CYBER SECURITY LAW
- Schaub, Gary Jr., ed., Understanding Cybersecurity: Emerging Governance and Strategy (2018).
- Ballardini, Rosa Maria, Petri Kuoppamaki, Olli Pitkanen, eds., Regulating Industrial Internet Through IPR, Data Protection and Competition Law (2019).
- Rogers, Nicole, Law, Fiction and Activism in a Time of Climate Change (2020).
- Sullivan, Thomas F.P., ed. emeritus and authors Christopher L. Bell, et. al., Environmental Law Handbook (2019).
- Braddock, Theda and Diane Hennessey, Wetlands: An Introduction (2018).
- Hassine, Khaled, Handling Climate Displacement (2019).
HEALTH LAW AND POLICY
- Garwood-Gowers, Austen, Medical Use of Human Beings: Respect as a Basis for Critique of Discourse, Law and Practice (2020).
HUMAN RIGHTS LAW
- Villa, Monique, Slaves Among Us: The Hidden World of Human Trafficking (2019).
- Klinkner, Melanie and Howard Davis, The Right to the Truth in International Law: Victims’ Rights in Human Rights and International Criminal Law (2020).
- Gonzalez-Salzberg, Damian and Loveday Hodson, eds., Research Methods for International Human Rights Law: Beyond the Traditional Paradigm (2020).
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW
- Foong, Cheryl, The Making Available Right: Realizing the Potential of Copyright’s Dissemination Function in the Digital Age (2019).
- Close, Josepha, Amnesty, Serious Crimes and International Law: Global Perspectives in Theory and Practice (2019).
- Christodoulidis, Emilios A., Ruth Dukes, and Marco Goldoni, eds., Research Handbook on Critical Legal Theory (2019).
- Rhode, Deborah L., Leadership for Lawyers (2020).
- Van Beemen, Robert F., Rupprecht Graf Von Pfeil, and Gerard J. Tanja, Legal Tech and Digital Transformation: Competitive Positioning and Business Models of Law Firms (2018).
- Wagner, Wendy, with Will Walker, Incomprehensible!: A Study of How Our Legal System Encourages Incomprehensibility, Why It Matters, and What We Can Do About It (2019).
- Kagan, Robert A., Adversarial Legalism: The American Way of Law (2019).
LEGAL RESEARCH AND LIBRARIES
- Law, Margaret Zelman, Cultivating Engaged Staff: Better Management for Better Libraries (2017).
- Lembke, Melody Busse and Melissa Beck, Cataloging Legal Literature (2020).
- Zabel, Diane and Lauren Reiter, eds., Envisioning the Future of Reference: Trends, Reflections, and Innovations (2020).
- Schlipf, Fred, and John A. Moorman, The Practical Handbook of Library Architecture: Creating Building Spaces that Work (2018).
- Kowalsky, Michelle, and John Woodruff, Creating Inclusive Library Environments: A Planning Guide for Serving Patrons with Disabilities (2017).
- Emery, Jill, Graham Stone, and Peter McCracken, Techniques for Electronic Resource Management: TERMS and the Transition to Open (2020).
MILITARY, WAR, AND PEACE
- Jensen, Eric Talbot and Major Ronald T. P. Alcala eds., The Impact of Emerging Technologies on the Law of Armed Conflict (2019).
- Pohlman, H. L., U.S. National Security Law: An International Perspective (2019).
OIL, GAS, AND MINERAL LAW
PHILOSOPHY AND LAW
PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE
- Vaidik, Nancy Harris and Rebecca Diaz-Bonilla, Point Well Made: Oral Advocacy in Motion Practice (2016).
- Diaz-Bonilla, Rebecca, Foolproof: The Art of Communication for Lawyers and Professionals (2018).
- O’Regan, Karla, Law and Consent: Contesting the Common Sense (2020).
- Casto, William R., Advising the President: Attorney General Robert H. Jackson and Franklin D. Roosevelt (2018).
- Lau, Pin Lean, Comparative Legal Frameworks for Pre-Implantation Embryonic Genetic Interventions (2019).
SENTENCING AND PUNISHMENT
- Tonry, Michael H., ed., American Sentencing: What Happens and Why? (2019).
- Perlin, Michael L., Mental Disability and the Death Penalty: The Shame of the States (2013).
- Frase, Richard S. and Julian V. Roberts, Paying for the Past: The Case Against Prior Record Sentence Enhancements (2019).
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
- Fisher, Louis, Reconsidering Judicial Finality: Why the Supreme Court is Not the Last Word on the Constitution (2019).
- Kaiser, Anna-Bettina, Niels Petersen, Johannes Saurer, eds., The U.S. Supreme Court and Contemporary Constitutional Law: The Obama Era and Its Legacy (2018).
All of these books are available from the Law Library. If you would like to check out any of these titles, please contact the circulation desk at either 806-742-3957 or email@example.com. Library staff will be able to assist in locating and checking out any of these items.